Saturday 11 April 2009

No Show/Kill Twee Pop

No show this week as I'm at home.

But here's some nice stuff to listen to anyway!

I've been rediscovering my first wave twee-pop records this week. Something about the summer really makes them sound better for some reason.

Vaselines - Son of a Gun
I think some band called Nirvana covered this, the original's prettier though. Did you know Kurt Cobain had a K Records tattoo?

Talulah Gosh - Talulah Gosh
The video for this is sort of unsettling. Really, the absolute worst kind of fey white kids. But it's a lovely song! How do I reconcile these opposing views? Not sure. I feel a post about twee coming on.

Here's one way of reconciling it.
Their record "Kill Twee Pop" is actually really good, noisy shouty songs with angry lyrics which somehow sort of remind me a bit of Beat Happening.

Have a good Easter all, see you after the break!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete